Playstation update v3.40 includes PS Plus.
Been caught up playing singularity on the Xbox 360 so when I switched on PS3 guess what…update time again! All the info you need is over at the PlaystationBlog so I am just going to hit the main points here.
- PlayStation Plus: PlayStation Network users will be able to purchase membership to PlayStation Plus; a new subscription service on the PlayStation Network that provides you with new options to expand and enhance your gaming experience and enable you to gain an exclusive set of features and content. That doesn’t explain much, what exactly are you going to get I hear you say?? Playstation Plus detailed Here
- Photo Gallery: A new network based photo sharing feature is now available on the Photo Gallery. The enhancement allows you to upload, browse and comment on photos on Facebook and Picasa Web Album. You can also opt to share your photos between your PlayStation Network friends as well as print photos from Photo Gallery.
- Video Editor/Uploader: Video Editor/Uploader is a new function found on the XrossMediaBar (XMB) which enables you to edit, save and upload video files stored on the PS3 system to sites such as Facebook or YouTube.
- Five Star Rating Support: Users can rate the PlayStation Store content they have purchased with one to five-star ratings. Mix it up a bit at least from the Xbox 360 go for 10 stars or even 5 something else besides stars? 5 little monkeys? 5 PS3 icons?
- Power Save Settings: The default setting for PS3 System Auto-Off will be set at 2 hours, providing you with additional power save options and further improving power save features on the PS3 system (Yawn).
- Friends Trophy Level: Now when you hover over a friends name it shows their Trophy Level (nice little feature).
The update downloaded in about 15 mins that’s with just a 3mb connection so it’s not that big, about 20 mins altogether with installation. After that though if you go to video creator/uploader it’s another 44 mb 4 mins.
After reading all about it I still don’t see a major difference in going for the PS plus?
Think you can sway me into getting PS Plus leave a comment below…