Nuclear Dawn – Xbox 360 / PC
While browsing through vast gaming websites I came across a game called Nuclear Dawn, an upcoming Source Multiplayer game that combines First Person Shooter with the deep branching gameplay of Real Time Strategy. The game sounds pretty interesting; “Forge your own destiny on the field of battle with every tactical decision and ensure your faction’s survival with each headshot, capture buildings and bring the fight to your enemies strongholds riding the future’s machines of destruction.”
The last release of a FPS and RTS together for the Xbox 360 was RavenSquad : Operation Hidden Dagger, lets just say it didn’t go down a storm with alot of people. Metacritic awarded it a poor 38/100 but don’t let that put you off. It is certainly worth renting, has an engaging plot and it’s very interesting to see the mix of the two game types.
Here are some of the features listed for Nuclear Dawn;
- Choose one of twelve loadouts spread across four classes.
- Customise your ammunition.
- Drive personnel carriers, tanks and covert ops vehicles.
- Achievement system that unlocks new weapons and abilities on completion of specific objectives. “It will be a while before players unlock their favourite classes to full potential, and even longer before every secret power-up and hidden weapon is in their greedy murderous hands.”
- Nuclear Dawn sports several game modes that according to their website “Do more than rehash the old capture the flag or deathmatch thing.”
With a vague release date of “Coming 2010” I am sure we will be hearing alot more about Nuclear Dawn over the coming months so watch this space!